Can Storage Fill the Fossil Fuel Retirement Gap?
As many utilities move towards retirement of fossil fuels, this panel will investigate the role that energy storage can play in filling the gap. We will discuss:
- Repurposing fossil fuel projects – are there opportunities in this space for investors?
- The economic case for renewable generation and storage
- Reliability and the responsibility regulated utilities have to rate-payers
- How are ISOs pricing reliability?
- Environmental justice and the role that power plants can play in the community