HOW DO WE RAMP UP INVESTMENT INTO SOLAR?
Trillions of dollars are needed if we are to hit our climate change mitigation goals. In addition to that, the power sector is undergoing a fundamental shift as generation becomes more decentralized, storage matures and comes down in cost and more technologies hit the sector. These factors create a huge opportunity for investors but the industry needs to provide comfort that the risks are low to attract more institutional funds. This session is designed to explore:
- Returns from solar and storage – an analysis of what to expect
- Asset owners speak back – concerns with solar/storage as an asset class
- Thoughts from institutional asset owners about how the industry can attract long term capital to the market
- How to increase deal value and project size
- What became of securitization? From the YieldCo to Bonds, how effective have these been at attracting investors with low risk appetites?
- Macro issues affecting investor risk appetite: economics, politics and climate change