With 343MW of community projects installed in 2016 and an additional 400MW predicted to go live by end of 2017 community solar represents a sizeable market segment. Many question however remain on how scalable it is and whether it is too policy dependent to attract a significant portion of investment.
• What are the most promising market and how do differ in policy structure and market depth?
• How do the two different business models (third party owned and utility-led) affect the bankability of the projects?
• Understanding the facts of the complex relationship between utilities and community solar?
• What are the moves forward being made to Standardisation of documentation to deal with project structures?
• How does the backup subscriber model affect bankability? Pros and Cons?
• taking into consideration loss reserves for pay-as-you-go subscribers
• Who are the debt providers in this space and what are they most concerned about?